Quetzalcoatl

Squeezing in one more sketch right before the month is up! After I drew Janaki, I was inspired to draw some more deity(s?) We shall see. But as I was drawing this I started thinking about the religions that humanity has established over the past 10,000 years we've been  around. From American Indian spirituality, to Mayan, Incan, and Aztec deities, to Assyrian and Egyptian theology- All of them are different, yet share the same core  values that something bigger than us is responsible for mankind's privilege to live. Whether you believe in God or not, this much is evident in the fact that if all the trees died you wouldn't be able to breathe. So I came to conclude that spirituality is necessary for humanity to thrive. It keeps us humble if we respect that concept rather than to pridefully indulge our own selfish egos. That being said; I think it's better to have an idea of God rather than let any one religion tell you what to believe. Like humans, God is multi-faceted, and to only acknowledge one religion, to me, is like worshipping a big toe instead of a whole entity. LOL. I'm so philisophical!

Moving on, I've been listening to Purity Ring lately. And I love them, BUT (and this is so damn childish) my ex told me about them initially. So right out the gates I was like "FUCK A PURITY RING!" and then I gav ethem a listen and i was like "oh my god they're so goooood, but every time i hear them they make me think of Joe." and needless to say, I want to punch his soul in half. So I was conflicted over liking the band because my ex liked them.... ugh YES I know I'm such a drama queen. But that hasn't stopped me from listening to them. Now I'm just telling everybody else I know to try and remove some of the taint. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neon Hot Nights in Tiki City

The Great Divide

Priya Terry (MisSwan)