Amethyst Aridi

Whenever I'm fed up with working on one project, drawing Niyati or Nina is always a welcome break. There was another variation to this dress's colors, but ya'll know I can get carried away. This was a quickie anyway. I used plenty of stock to save time. Not because I'm lazy, but because I wanted it to look like I worked hard on it without spending 8+ hours, like I'm prone to doing, especially since this was just to break away from the monotonous job of editing and re-editing The Renegades.

I like it :) and it definitely reminds me of  this one, I did years ago... which I'm surprised I never posted to this blog, but now that I think about it, that was because I completed it my very LAST semester of college and I began maintaining this blog right after I graduated. Wow. Happy 8 year Sketchblog anniversary to me!


(P.S. 2/24/17) You know, I think when I created Niyati, my inspiration was definitely Esmeralda, from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. But I also can see, now, Rita Moreno in all her gorgeous, skirt  sashaying, West Side Story glory in her spirit. I wanted to BE Anita when I was little. She had this proud glow about her that made her so gorgeous and in this picture I think I definitely subconsciously channeled it into Niyati.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neon Hot Nights in Tiki City

The Great Divide

Priya Terry (MisSwan)