The Little Mermaid


I went to Copenhagen 3 weeks ago. It was ok. I say that because some things happened that made me raise an eyebrow and I've spent the past 3 weeks digesting that very colorful experience. Long story short We went to Christiania, bought and smoked weed, went shopping, ate Danish food,  went to Tivoli, went clubbing, went on a boat tour,  and generally did tourist things over the course of 4 days.

While souvenir shopping, I bought a hardback book of the original Hans Christen Anderson tale "The Little Mermaid"

It's a little darker than the Disney version, but it still had a semi happy ending.
By the time our 4 days were up, I was so damn happy to be leaving, mostly because the weather took a turn for the worst in the last 2 days. It was raining, and I don't mean summer rain with heat added. No. It was the nasty, cold shit with no humidity in the air. It dropped to like 40 degrees from mid 60s. Being a native Detroiter, I'm no stranger to this type of weather, but goddamn, I still hate it. Speaking of which, the landscape and climate reminded me a LOT of Michigan- but Denmark still has an over-thereness quality with its really old preserved European architecture:




 

 







One thing's for sure: I learned some invaluable life lessons, and even though I'm ambivalent about how this trip unfolded, I wouldn't trade the wisdom I gained for the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neon Hot Nights in Tiki City

The Great Divide

Priya Terry (MisSwan)