The Love of My Afterlife

"Smile!"
"The camera flash gave you red-eye."
I find myself romanticizing the concept of death more lately, than I ever have, but some part of that is universal. I think there has come a point of stagnation in the advancement and evolution of humanity. People call it the "glass ceiling" when they know they want to be free, but don't understand why there's a barrier between them and the freedom they so desire; because they can see it, it seems attainable, yet, ever-elusive. I think everyone WANTS the world to end in some spectacular fashion. Will it be a freak Tsunami, A wave of earthquakes? A giant meteor, Aliens, Zombies? Those would renew the human spirit and unfortunately, it looks like, none of that will be our get out of jail free card. It will simply come down to the orchestrated negligence of The most powerful hoarders to push the population to the brink of overflowing and destroy what little resources are left to make us fight and kill each other for grains of rice or sand while throwing paper at them to make them feel powerful.

I'm bored. You're bored. It's even more miserable that the world would end just like a record that is still spinning after the music has stopped playing, or a film reel that keeps spinning after the last credits have rolled. It's still spinning, but nothing will change. You can start it over again like a Disney reboot, but we're all tired of the same old shit; like the same music being sold to us that makes us want to go to war with each other over drugs and bitches but keeps us from ever rising above the pettiness of the audience that is entertained by material flexing and beef. If you can sell discontent because it profits you to sell solutions in the forms of guns, drugs and human trafficking, (without paying on any of the taxes) then it's simple math. Wrap it up in a bank term like Fiscal Annuity Asset Management and it's all laundered and clean.

I'm tired. I want to retire. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way, so please don't look at me like I'm a cry for help. this whole entire planet is a cry for help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neon Hot Nights in Tiki City

The Great Divide

Priya Terry (MisSwan)