Hiatus Kaiyote

You guys and Flying Lotus helped lead me to the middle path. Namaste!

I had an AMAZING TIME tonight at the Hiatus Kaiyote Concert. Right in the middle of the Ocelot song, I busted out the poster I made while I sang along, showing it to the band and crowd and Nai Palm was so excited she pulled me up on stage to join her! "Me?!" I looked surprised pointing to myself. She reached for me with a giddy smile on her face. So I went up. SO nervous! I showed my poster to the audience as I grooved to the beat of my favorite song and I hugged her before getting back down, obviously not wanting the attention, lol. I blew her a kiss and she bowed to me and I to her. SO much love! I was so happy that she liked it as much as she did, I could tell she was touched. I gave it to her, but in all honestly it was for all of them because the music is a collaborative effort and they're all so amazing. When I was leaving I managed to buy a poster and get an autograph from Perrin and Nai Palm, but Paul was so far away as I waded in the chaotic line that was a sea of fans, and I didn't even see Simon anywhere.

I do regret that I didn't get all their autographs :\. But I did get another picture with Nai Palm and I even got to ask her about the tattoo on the corner of her mouth. She said she had a pet crow that scratched her( I think?), she got the tattoo to remember her by.

 I didn't realize it at first, and most of Hiatus Kaiyote's lyrics didn't make sense to me until more recently but I can feel it that Nai Palm is definitely a Buddhist. I guess the signs were always there, but I can see them more clearly now.

 "Lace skull that once hung low, on its humble throne. I woke, I rose"

Yeah, I get it now. I'm so happy! A million thanks for gracing DC with your wonderful presence once again, you guys made my night, and I hope I returned the favor!

Comments

Unknown said…
SO did you ask her if the crow left a scar? Lucky you got to meet such an amazing talent!
Maharani said…
Thanks Mandy! It was pretty chaotic amidst the fans, trying to hear what she said. I THINK that's what she said, but don't get me lying, LOL. All I know for sure is that the tattoo is to remember a crow she once kept as a pet.

Popular posts from this blog

Neon Hot Nights in Tiki City

The Great Divide

Priya Terry (MisSwan)